Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Luna VS the Nutrition Wheel. Muhahahahahahaa.

Part 1: Vegetables.

Being goddamned tired and a bit ashamed of myself for the diet I've been sporting the last few weeks ( the nonsense they serve in the cantine and pasta or rice at most other occasions) I decided to try and be more healthy for the umptienth time in my life. That and I was craving food with some actual taste to it.

So, out of the memories of what kind of things I could expect to find in my grandma's vegetable soup, I went to Asda and bought what I could find. 'Bout an hour later I was standing in the kitchen with
1 onion
2 carrots
1 leek
1 small bag of small new potatoes
some beef
and 1 big yellow thing which I have no idea what's called in english (kålrabi, tror jeg det var)

It was quite a nice experience to do some actual cooking; I even cut myself, muhaha, I am a proper household chef now! (∩_∩)

The result was awesome, I was proper proud of myself for managing to cook something that actually tasted nice. But as always, there are room for improvements, and what I think I'll try and change next time is:

add
• Seleri root
• ginger
• cinnamon
• whole black pepper corns
eto.... I think that is it, any ideas?

also, I'll cut up the beef bits, they were quite the challenge to get through at times ._.

Yellow root-thingie stew


I cut up some of the big yellow root and put it in boiling water to make it warm and moist and, well, mashable. It took half an eternity, but eventually I got there. I added "fine herbs" ( some spice Theo bought me which contained parsley among other things...no idea what parsley is, but it tasted nice ^-^ ) I put in milk, butter and salt, so along the ride it might have lost it's healthyness, but it would still be better than shitty 10p Asda noodles, mais non?

improvements for later:

I do not need that much salt !!!
( when will I ever learn ⊙︿⊙ )

That's it for now, I guess,
except that I've been good today and revised BEFORE a lecture, muha ha!.
I've also been listening to Postgirobygget all day, yess I know what you back home might think, but my mind just doesen't seem to grasp the fact that it's february and not april. Fudging hell, even april is too early to play Postgirobygget though, so I guess I don't really have any excuse...
I just missed my language and wanted some happy music, is that so wrong?

Edit:
I made a vampire smiley, look:
(•︻•)
Ntaww, he ish sho cute! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment